Where There Were No Doors

Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before - Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

yeah right... congratulations... whatever

I received an email just now from K (an ex-girlfriend). We were only together for a few months, and that was a decade or so ago. We haven't seen each other in more than 5 years (since she moved to Scotland) and only email each another sporadically.

So why should it be so unsettling that she's getting married?

It's not that I'm still "carrying a torch"... because really, I'm not. She's a lovely lass and all, but we weren't particularly compatible... the guy she's marrying has a serious career in banking, and is (in K's own words) "... rock-solid stable. In fact you'd probably find him a bit boring..." But she really loves the guy. He seems to really love her, from what I can gather. And I wish them nothing but the best for their wedding and marriage.

Yet still I'm unsettled by it.

Obviously it's to do with the whole "time passing by" thing. K is four years younger than me. And she's getting married in 4 months. By which time I will have been single for longer than any other period in my adult life. Which - quite frankly - is crap.

So nobody should be allowed get married - or even have sex - until that situation is remedied.

And as for Valentine's Day? Just fuck off, OK.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side, you'll be dead soon.

Joel

8/2/05 23:56  
Blogger Jim Bliss said...

Thanks for putting things in perspective Joel.

9/2/05 11:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

News in today for me was that mt last long-term girlfriend (before I got married) has just bought a villa in Spain as a second home with her "rock solid" (yet awfully dull) husband

No torch held, no deep un-spoken longing, genuine contented severance from that part of my life is complete.

Still thought... "fuck off you stupid twat"

No explanation. Just a little empathy.

RA

10/2/05 21:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please help us to find this man!
Traitor and proud
NO2ID - Stop ID cards and the database state
Take the MIT Weblog Survey
Elect the Lords Campaign

Blogger Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
XML feed eXTReMe Tracker

web tracker
Wikablog - The Weblog Directory