Where There Were No Doors

Follow your bliss and doors will open where there were no doors before - Joseph Campbell

Monday, April 18, 2005

Linkage

Check out the excellent Global Warming Sceptic Bingo (via Shot by Boths Sides). Or perhaps take the 2005 Political Survey from the ubiquitous Chris Lightfoot (via just about everyone). My results can be seen here .

I'd also like to share The Zoomquilt with you all. This is a quite astonishing piece of web art that blows my mind every time I visit it. Admittedly, I tend to visit it immediately after a bong, but I challenge anyone to find this unimpressive. And as soon as you start trying to figure out how it was all painted and spliced together... that's when it begins to hurt your brain.

There's also the fantastic BandToBand.com. Myself and several muso friends of mine have been playing this game for years... basically a "six degrees of separation" type thing, but with bands, and to find an online version that includes some really obscure stuff is a real treat. They seem to exclude solo artists though, which makes the game less interesting from my point of view, but still a great site.

Other news that caught my eye recently includes the story that robot jockeys are soon to be used in camel racing in the UAE. Welcome to the 21st century.

Oh yeah, and why couldn't I have discovered this when I was 17?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just discovered a fabulous link between The The and Marillion. (how unlikely is that) I'm not telling you what it is or where I found it.If you don't have it soon I'll re-post I laughed out loud when i read it.

Also found a Spearhead/Rush connection a while back too. Brilliant.

RA

19/4/05 20:53  
Blogger Jim Bliss said...

Well c'mon then RA... spill the beans!

I'm assuming it's a (near) direct connection? After all, you can get to Roxy Music from The The in two jumps - and from them you can get to almost anywhere!

21/4/05 00:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please help us to find this man!
Traitor and proud
NO2ID - Stop ID cards and the database state
Take the MIT Weblog Survey
Elect the Lords Campaign

Blogger Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com
XML feed eXTReMe Tracker

web tracker
Wikablog - The Weblog Directory